free website stats program York, Pennsylvania HD Factory | Harley Davidson Forums

York, Pennsylvania HD Factory

RUSHMORE_14

Well, I'm in Harrisburg at my hotel while the wife and kids are at the One Direction concert (boy band) and before I go outside to have my cigar and Jack, I wanted to share my experience at the factory. It was a great tour, short, but very informative. Our guide was nice, young girl in college. I was surprised as to how much she knew. Anyway, the kids, as well as my wife and I, got to sit on the bikes that were in the learning center. Very interesting as to how the frames were made, paint and assembly goes, and such......My daughter(11) loved it. When I get home I'll post some pics.

Well, I got a Jack/rocks and an Ashton Cabinet with my name on it.

I recomend a trip to the factory.....then go down the road to the Turkey Hill Ice Cream/Iced Tea building.

Glad you had a great time at the factory. I have been there myself. The job I want is the dyno room at the end testing bikes before shipping. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay in Pa !!!!!:s

Excellent trip, glad you got a chance to go. I do not know if they still have the program, you used to be able to go to the final assembly plant there and pick up your bike, I have the build sheet from there from my 97 FLHT, it is pretty cool to see the build as it passes thru each station:s

Last edited by a moderator:
We weren't able to see final assembly because they are in the middle of model changes. I got to see some new colors though. The ones that stand out are a "cream" color tank and a "cocoa" colored frame(probably cvo)
WAP.gif

My wife and I took the tour last September. The tour guide was knowledgable and the tour covered all the shops. They have a well stocked gift shop. I highly recommend it. After the tour we motored over to Battlefield Harley for T shirts and took time to tour Gettysburg and the battlefield. A great two for one excursion!
WAP.gif

I live 10 minutes from there and have been there many times . yes a great tour and factory . if you come to central PA its a must see for the Harley lover !

Was there on the 17th of June. The wife and I took the steel-toe tour and it was a great way to spend part of our vacation. :D:D:D

Back