free website stats program xieds | Harley Davidson Forums

xieds

rollo3076

Anyone using the fl-xied? I order a set for my 2011 eguc and was interested in any tips, or , installation help. Has anyone used them for a while and what do you think? Thanks guys.

I ran an Fl-Xied-10 for the last year.Worked fine and 40 miles to the gallon.
I just took them off last week and went to FP3. Whoa!! What a difference! Bike runs much smoother thru the gears and better mileage 45 miles per gallon.It is now running at 14.3 AFR at cruise so I expect to be running hotter.But, I like the better performance.:)

I ran Fl-Vieds -10 on my 14RK. Worked well. I too removed them when I changed my to a full stage 1 setup . They are for sale if interested.

I have never tried xied I went to FP3. My mileage about 45 miles per gallon, highway its even better. It is now running at 14.0 AFR at cruise.13.5 at idle. Bike runs great. Not sorry at all for buying it.

I ran an Fl-Xied-10 for the last year.Worked fine and 40 miles to the gallon.
I just took them off last week and went to FP3. Whoa!! What a difference! Bike runs much smoother thru the gears and better mileage 45 miles per gallon.It is now running at 14.3 AFR at cruise so I expect to be running hotter.But, I like the better performance.:)

I all so run the Xied. What is the FP3 and where do I find them ?

I ran an Fl-Xied-10 for the last year.Worked fine and 40 miles to the gallon. I just took them off last week and went to FP3. Whoa!! What a difference! Bike runs much smoother thru the gears and better mileage 45 miles per gallon.It is now running at 14.3 AFR at cruise so I expect to be running hotter. But, I like the better performance.:)

Actually, 14.3 is a bit on the high side for a cruise AFR. 13.8 to 14.2 is a good range for cruise at say 70-75mph; 14.0 would add a bit of fuel, cool things down a bit. You might see a slight drop in mileage but the motor will run cooler and if you had it on a dyno, you would see a slight increase in power. Heat is enemy #1 for an air cooled vtwin motor.:coffee

Actually, 14.3 is a bit on the high side for a cruise AFR. 13.8 to 14.2 is a good range for cruise at say 70-75mph; 14.0 would add a bit of fuel, cool things down a bit. You might see a slight drop in mileage but the motor will run cooler and if you had it on a dyno, you would see a slight increase in power. Heat is enemy #1 for an air cooled vtwin motor.:coffee

Mine is Twin cooled ,so 20 degrees cooler than air-cooled.I am still experimenting with the FP3.I would expect 14.0 to cut My mileage to 40 MPG.I can try it to see.Vance and Hines states that the the maps are Dyno-tuned before We auto tune.
Running at 13.8 is no longer in closed loop.I ran out of closed loop when I had a SEPST on My 2012 Limited.It ran fine but really blackened the exhaust pipes.

The vance&Hines down load for the 2014 limited was about 14.0 throughout the total range. I ran auto tune and it was just the same as V&H basic download.

Mine is Twin cooled ,so 20 degrees cooler than air-cooled.I am still experimenting with the FP3.I would expect 14.0 to cut My mileage to 40 MPG.I can try it to see.Vance and Hines states that the the maps are Dyno-tuned before We auto tune.
Running at 13.8 is no longer in closed loop.I ran out of closed loop when I had a SEPST on My 2012 Limited.It ran fine but really blackened the exhaust pipes.
Hey guys, I've had them on a week or so and I can really tell a difference in the heat coming off the exhaust. The mileage is about the same, maybe a little down, and I don't feel much difference in the power, maybe a little quicker throttle response. The plugs are burning cleaner though, and I really like not having so much heat rise up in my face. So, for a hundred bucks or so, I'll take it. Quick and easy install, took about 20 minutes.

Back