free website stats program XIED's.....my take | Harley Davidson Forums

XIED's.....my take

jerrybombard

Yesterday I put in my XIED's (Inline Enrichment Device) on my all stock 2007 RKC.
took about 10 minutes and I think they are terrific and worth the price. I know there are other and maybe better options, but from what I read here and on Nightrider.com, they seemed like just what I wanted. I now have put on about 100 miles with them in.
The low end surge is gone, I can use the gears, especially 6th without the engine piniging so bad. The bike seems to run a bit cooler, and I say that only because I noticed the "low idle" (ECM does that to cool the motor) does not kick in as often or nearly as soon. Some have said they noticed an exhaust change, but not here. I'm riding now with temps in the low 90's and a bajillion percent humidity, so it's plenty hot. I haven't checked the MPG yet, but expect a 10% drop that will put me at appox 37 MPG. I would recommend these to anyone who is in my shoes and only wants a better running bike without having to deal with any tuning, just snap them in and go.
One thing was, I hate to pay $100 for something that takes longer to get out of the package than it does to put them on !!!
I'm very impressed with these things.
Jer

i didnt drop much at all with the xieds on i got 42-44 with them i got 44-46 with out

Thanks Hobbit and all , I just went to their website and if I read it correctly it is only for 06-09. Won't work on my 04. Thanks

Back