free website stats program XIED solution anyone??? | Harley Davidson Forums

XIED solution anyone???

ggadwa

After thoroughly reading the Nightrider.com site about their XiED solution to the Remapping and Tuning dilema for those of us that have done AC and Exhaust mods to late model year Dynas.....I'm NOT exactly sure what the right move is...Since I can't really tell what the XiED does.....Seems like a simple solution to over-heating and detonation....Anyone with experience or who would care to comment on the XiED??? vs. Downloads, Remapping and etc....???

Gary

I have the XiED's, they are a great low cost option, they helped the heat on both my bikes.
Later I installed a Fuelpak. I'm happy with the results.

The Fuelpak only affects the Open loop fuel mixture and the XiED's keep the Closed loop fuel mixture (AFR) at 13.2.

???? what product helps with heat at idle?
from what i can tell is that most tunners, tfi or pc only richen up the bike above idle? Would the xied be the best option for cooling at idle or stuck in traffic?

They just richen the fuel the same amount throughout the entire range. If you are looking for some adjustability, go with the TFI over the IED's any day.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV

There's more reading on the TFI in this forum including a discount link.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Where's the idle adjustment on the TFI? I don't see how running the RPM's up to 2k and smoothing out the "sound" does anything to richen up the idle.

Where's the idle adjustment on the TFI? I don't see how running the RPM's up to 2k and smoothing out the "sound" does anything to richen up the idle.

If you knew what you were speaking about you would understand this concept rather than posting negativity about everything you post.

Back