free website stats program Wrapping Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrapping Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger63

Hi Members
I was thinking about wrapping my pipes on my 09 Nightster, but I just read a story on this site that Hobbit did his and after less than one year the pipes had rotted thru... yuk ... Has anybody else had simular rot happen due to wrapping pipes. I luv the look of a wrapped pipe, but if it makes the pipes rotten, whats the sense. Thanks for your help. Have a great Day :)

Wrapping the pipes creates extra low pressure for exhaust scavenging, you got to ask yourself is it worth the effort for the look and the up keep

Thanks Fellows, the information and the actual photos that Hobbit had, made me decide to not wrap the pipes. Your help is as always, amazing and informative. Have a Great Day :)

Ranger63; if you're wanting a different look from stock - maybe consider getting your pipes ceramic coated. I did my FLHX exhause earlier this year for $160 (entire system + heat shields). It's another option to research...

Last edited:
OK, here we go again Hobbit. As we discussed last time, and I'm still not arguing, I can't understand how a exhaust pipe hot enough to melt your skin at a mere touch can allow a material wrapping to retain any moisture. I looked at the pic's and the damage is quite evident and seems to be concentrated near the head, where it gets the hottest. ? As for the other suggested alternative, ceramic coating, in and out, even at twice the price seems a good choice. Ceramic also retains the heat and improves exhaust flow and in my opinion looks as good or better than wrapping. especially if it's black.

what is the purpose of wrapping pipes? no offense to anyone who has it, or likes it..but it cant be for looks can it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back