free website stats program Wow 6th gear is incredible! | Harley Davidson Forums

Wow 6th gear is incredible!

risuperglide

Well today for the 1st time since owning my bike I had a long stretch of highway in front of me with out a passenger...ie girlfriend riding on back. I put her into 6th gear, saw the 6th light up on the dash & let her rip! This gear enables you to cruise effortlessly at 80 MPH+! Wow I was quite impressed!...Sounded awesome with my Screamin Eagle Slip ons!...Nice big smile on my face!.....:newsmile108:

Love that tall gear, and we thought the 5 speed was the big deal in the day:s

I ride a 2010 FLHTK and cruise at 75 to 80 it's awesome I watch the tach and try to keep it at or just below 3000 rpm. First 6 speed will always have one now Harley struck another home run with the 6 speed.

6th is a very tall gear......and I like it. When I'm on the freeway the bike doesn't sound like it is "screaming" like some of the metric bikes do. Just a relaxed rumble!

6th is a very tall gear......and I like it. When I'm on the freeway the bike doesn't sound like it is "screaming" like some of the metric bikes do. Just a relaxed rumble!

you are absolutly right, I just came off of a Shadow Aero and in 5th gear at 70mph it sounded like a pack of bumble bees. Its funny how I always was trying to upshift and nothing was there.

Back