free website stats program Would like some input re: sound systems for my bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Would like some input re: sound systems for my bike

turner

Have 2002 police bike have had 2 kenwwood cd players have had problems out of both skipping, weather related problems. does anyone have any input as to what system might work better without spending crazy cash though HD. I ride all year in Michigan.(All Weather)

go with pioneer.. they dont skip... they have a cover for them too, or here are a marine radio Alpine iDA-X100M
i definately wouldnt spend the cash on a factory radio.. that link has numerous radios that are way more advanced that will definately sound better. i will be replacing my factory radio very soon. ther are also adapters to still use the handle bar controlls

I had the Sony Marine CD player in my 96 EG, Bought the adapter to still maintain the handlebar controls, 3 years riding all year round and had no problems at all with it.

Bought a brand new Harley handlebar mounted MP3 player, installed hogtunes amp and speakers. No skipping and the memory card hold up to 10 CDs. This set up works really well for me as I ride out in the far reaches of radio signals. Only have to carry the small memory cards and downloading the tunes is fast and simple.

Just a quick note, that most "modern" CD and MP3 players have electronics to provide a "buffer" to store and retrive "lost" bits of info and "error correction ckts" to reconstruct the original sound to help avoid skipping and ticks from occuring sonically.

Back