free website stats program Worth the money? | Harley Davidson Forums

Worth the money?

DALE5711

Buying 2002 ultra classic with salvage title and no oil pressure it has no body damage i know the oil pressure deal will cost me between 50 bucks and 1500 bucks the price is $5600 thanks for any input

I'd never buy a vehicle with a salvage title.
May get a good money deal but it can be a hard sell to the next owner.
Possibly can't be insured the way a clean title bike can.

If you wreck the bike, have an accident, the insurance company isn't going to spring the same payment on a bike with a salvage title. Just isn't smart on their part.

Buying 2002 ultra classic with salvage title and no oil pressure it has no body damage i know the oil pressure deal will cost me between 50 bucks and 1500 bucks the price is $5600 thanks for any input

No oil pressure as in engine rattles and clanks when running. Or no oil pressure as engine runs quiet, but gauge shows 0? Does oil light stay on?
If engine does not run, I would avoid at half the price.

No oil pressure as in engine rattles and clanks when running. Or no oil pressure as engine runs quiet, but gauge shows 0? Does oil light stay on?
If engine does not run, I would avoid at half the price.

More info needed here, first off confirm the oil pressure with a master gauge. Check with your insurance agent on qualifying this bike for insurance, and have it inspected by an authorized dealer before buying it, Even then I would probably pass on a savaged title JMO

Why was it salvage? Insurance Co's don't pay for no oil pressure. No body damage, was it under water? Salt water. Was it kidnaped? I have bought salvage autos and bikes, but I saw them before and after repair, and also I know who fixed it. I would be afraid of buying this bike. Not trying to sale you a bike, but a buddy has '02 Ultra round 60K asking $8500 but wants to sale. Think I would do like other posters and leave this one alone, plenty of good used bikes out there.

The only body damage is the crash bar is bent and couple scratches on left side. The motor runs great and was check with gauge no pressure. The best guess on insurance deal is no oil pressure so the guy dropped it and claimed it was good til i dropped it. I did buy it today that was all the money i could afford to spend on a ride. Sold last bike 9 yrs ago so i'll probly ride it to death. Thanks for the help made me really think about how bad i wanted it

Back