free website stats program Worth it?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Worth it??

mnultra

I'm looking for opinions.

I've got a new 09 Ultra that was delivered in the middle of December. The weather up here in Minneapolis has been typical Minnesota and I haven't been able to take the bike out for it's maiden voyage.

The weather is starting to warm up and it is supposed to be in the middle 50's this weekend and it's really giving me the right hand twitches :D

Here's the dilema. There is still salt on the roads. More of a dust that you kick up than anything but, would you risk getting salt in places that can't be wiped down and enjoy the weather, or would you wait until the first good rain to wash off the roads and then enjoy?

I'm dyin' here :unsure

GO RIDE - i do and have yet to stop other than 5 days when we got snow !!!!!

Hobbit...From reading your posts, you do a lot of things many of us wouldn't :D Was just thinking, if it is just dust, I'll use the leaf blower on it when I get back home to get in the places only a mechanic will talk about :bigsmiley24:

Last edited:
Being as fussy as I am, I wouldn't ride until after the first heavy rain to wash the salt dust away. It is a bit corrosive on different parts and the humidity in the air activates it and it will do some damage even if not ridden again for a while.

Being as fussy as I am, I wouldn't ride until after the first heavy rain to wash the salt dust away. It is a bit corrosive on different parts and the humidity in the air activates it and it will do some damage even if not ridden again for a while.

I agree with you Glider. As much as my right hand wants me to, my head is saying wait :newsmile055: I don't think this weather is going to last so the bike would have to sit for a week or two after this weekend. I'll just have to install some of the fun stuff I aquired over the winter :D

Last edited:

Fussy?... if I had multiple bikes like yours and a bright shiny toolbox full of tools...it just meets the "test of reasonableness" in the face of impulsive behavior (yeah that is me), 'specially if you been riding for hundred years! :bigsmiley12: while taking care of all of us here in lighting up our glowing screens...

I'd wait.
The Ultra's seem to get dust in every nook and crany, and unless you plan on spending some serious garage time cleaning her up, the salt will get everywhere. I had the same dillema here, and as much as I wanted to get out and ride, I new I would not have the time to clean her properly.

I, myself, would ride..................then make hubby clean it up when I got home!!!! hehehehe

Get over those butterflies and ride it.By all means wash the heck out of it the next day but ride it.We have very expensive toys that are only ridden 3 months a year?

Back