free website stats program World fame? | Harley Davidson Forums

World fame?

T wrecks

Who in your local area is world famous, and I mean "world famous", not just in your state or country? The only two I know of in the entertainment field from my local region are the late Steve Irwin, and singer, Keith Urban. The other from the coast here,being from politics,our Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, although I don't think he's that well known overseas?

Being from Jersey there's more than I can think of.I'll start with Springsteen and Sinatra.You don't get more famous than that!

I think we could add John Bon Jovi, Bruce Willis and Jon Stewart to that Jersey list, although I'm not sure about Stewart. Certainly Bon Jovi and Willis are known worldwide.

If memory serves, Michael landon of "Bonanza" and "Little House on the Prarie" fame came from Collingswood, NJ. Also, Merle Streep is from the Bernardsville area...

im origanaly from dixon il now im about 15 miles away. dixon is ronald reagans home town. got to meet him there in 1989. if being the leader of the free world doesnt get you recognized nothing will.

Close to where I'm from, let see, country star Waylon Jennings was born in Littlefield, TX (30 miles of me and where I was born also) and Buddy Holly was from Lubbock, TX. (70 miles from me). And the guy that played Matt Houston on TV Lee Horsley was born in Muleshoe, TX (Where I work and grew up).

Lets see here in music we got

Bob Seger
Ted Nugent
Alice Cooper
Kid Rock

Movies

Jeff Danials

cant think of anymore at thsi time

Boxer is from Easton, PA directly, has a restaurant here, where I had the lucky opportunity of meeting him, as he likes to eat and drink at his own place. Place is called Ringside off 611 in Easton, PA...The name Larry Holmes

Idk if you could consider him world famous....But Kevin Martin (KMart), plays in the NBA for the Sacramento Kings, he was born and raised here in Zanesville, Ohio.

Chuck Berry, Ike and Tina Turner, Michael McDonald, John Goodman, Cedric (The Entertainer) Antonio Kyles, Rapper Nelly, Buddy Epson. Just to name a few.

Back