free website stats program Working on a plan for Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

Working on a plan for Sturgis

flipper

Account Removed
Hoping to mark something off the bucket list this year and I need some opinions. My husband and I want to do Sturgis this year. We like to stay in decent, not fancy, hotels within walking distance (1/2 mile or so) or at least a very short ride to good eating places. We don't mind a cabin or cottage, but I want a paved area to park. We live a mile down a gravel road and I don't want to face rocks on my vacation. Sooooooooo, where would you suggest staying, places that you've had good experiences with, which town/city (Deadwood, Sturgis, Rapid City, etc.)? Thanks in advance for any help.

wife and I stayed at the Super 8 in Sturgis for 3 days in 09. Nice , clean rooms ,good staff. Overhead canopy to get bikes out of weather and buckets ,soap,water, rags to wash and dry bikes.

All I can suggest is wherever you plan on staying as far as hotels --- BOOK YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!! :newsmile093:

wife and I stayed at the Super 8 in Sturgis for 3 days in 09. Nice , clean rooms ,good staff. Overhead canopy to get bikes out of weather and buckets ,soap,water, rags to wash and dry bikes.

All I can suggest is wherever you plan on staying as far as hotels --- BOOK YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!! :newsmile093:

They're booked up at the Super 8 in Sturgis...... Rats

I'm not that far from you and would love to ride to Sturgis with you if:

1. I could get about 2 weeks off from work
2. I could get a pass from my wife, who would fly out and meet us but would never ride that far
3. We could find a suitable place to stay

I'm not that far from you and would love to ride to Sturgis with you if:

1. I could get about 2 weeks off from work
2. I could get a pass from my wife, who would fly out and meet us but would never ride that far
3. We could find a suitable place to stay

I guess I should have started planning this sooner Dr. It looks like most places are booked, and the couple of rooms I found in Spearfish are near $300 per night, and that was the Quality Inn. Just don't think I want to get ripped off. We are going to do something different, but we would have loved for you to join us.

You know its funny everything shows to be booked in advance but when you get up there you will see plenty of vacancy signs,check the cabins in custer area problem your gonna have is cost,but we stayed there with another couple back in 07 (I think) and by sharing the cost wasnt too bad..

We have always stayed back in Rapid City..exit 57 or 58. There is plenty of hotels there, have only made reservations one Year, and its 30 miles outta Sturgis. There also seems to be plenty of food within 3 or 4 blocks...or there is the firehouse Brewery downtown.

The list of accomadations is endless on the loop from rapid-custer-deadwood-sturgis...let us know if you get it narrowed down....seems you talk to people every year that stay out there somewhere and never hear much for complaints.

Only other advise i got....the year that the wife and i did sturgis as a vacation....we went out on the wed. before the rally. The food was cheaper intown sturgis...and by friday nite the canyons were FULL of bikes. JMO, i like the ridin alot more than i do the crowds/party.

Feel free to ask any questions as you plan your trip....alot of us have spent some miles out there. If i remember your location correctly...i am about 9 hours north of ya...so may have some route answers as well. ENJOY the planning, we always do!

I guess I should have started planning this sooner Dr. It looks like most places are booked, and the couple of rooms I found in Spearfish are near $300 per night, and that was the Quality Inn. Just don't think I want to get ripped off. We are going to do something different, but we would have loved for you to join us.

Yep - Sturgis and the Anniversary Celebrations in Milwaukee require serious advance planning. I'm not breaking the bank for a hotel room and my bones are getting too old to camp! I'm roughing out a trip in June through York (factory tour) up to Rochester for my nephew's High School graduation. I'll start a thread when it gets more finalized if anyone else might be interested.

Only other advise i got....the year that the wife and i did sturgis as a vacation....we went out on the wed. before the rally. The food was cheaper intown sturgis...and by friday nite the canyons were FULL of bikes. JMO, i like the ridin alot more than i do the crowds/party.

This is the way I'd also like to do Sturgis when I finally get around to it. I've heard the vendors actually set up pretty early in the week so you can visit them, get in some nice riding, and then experience a short bit of the actual rally before scramming out of town!

Back