free website stats program Woody's Roadking Fairing: Got One? | Harley Davidson Forums

Woody's Roadking Fairing: Got One?

RibEye

I am considering an aftermarket basic detachable batwing fairing for my '03 Anniversary Roadking Classic. I'm considering the Kenny Day or Woody's. I dont want a stereo. My scooter makes all the music I need. So, I am looking for something with a bit more wind breaking, especially on the hands, during cold weather, than the stock detatchable windshield.

What I think I really want is something like the Slipstreamer (all clear acrylic), but I can't find anything like that that will go on and off, using the stock windshield mounts.

I'm leaning toward the Woody's. However, it says I need to move my passing lights to the front hole. It does not appear that my passing light mounts have more than 1 hole per side. Anybody know what they're talking about, and do I have it?

Anybody have one of these, and can let me know what you think about it?

Thanks,
Rich P

Since the Woody's is so highly regarded in other forums, and no negs here, I went ahead and ordered myself a Woody's fairing. I ordered it with the 10" clear windshield (making the resulting height the same as my stock detatchable windshield, which is just about right).

motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King Heritage Softail

Glen says that he should be able to ship in the beginning of next week. I'll post some pics when it gets here (packaging, and pre-paint mounted).

Enjoy,
Rich P

I also just bought a fairing from Glen, for my 02 RKC, just got it back from paint have not had time to install it yet. i'm not sure about an 03, but my 02 has two holes for the passing lamps and I had to move mine to the front holes, you need a 9/16 deep socket with a slot in it to get to the nut above the blinkers on the bottom of the lamps you can take a grinding wheel and make one yourself like I did. Hope this helps.

I also just bought a fairing from Glen, for my 02 RKC, just got it back from paint have not had time to install it yet. i'm not sure about an 03, but my 02 has two holes for the passing lamps and I had to move mine to the front holes, you need a 9/16 deep socket with a slot in it to get to the nut above the blinkers on the bottom of the lamps you can take a grinding wheel and make one yourself like I did. Hope this helps.
What are your impressions of the fairing? Workmanship? Packaging? Fit? Finish of the gelcoat? Etc.?

Enjoy,
Rich P

The work that Glen does is A1, the gelcoat is outstanding no blemish's really smooth, my painter even commented on how good it looked. Glen really packs it up nice, it is not going to move in the box. I have only been able to set it on the bike once and everything seem to fit right into place, also if you have any questions on it just call Glen I have already talked to him a couple of times about the stereo hook up's, he is really knowledgeable about stereo's, speakers and amps.

I would recommend his fairings to anyone.

I installed a Woody's fairing about a month or so ago. Fit & finish is excellent. I ordered mine with the radio ready option, freedom wings, and ss windsheild trim. Going for a ride today before I take it off and tear it down to get it painted. After it is painted & reinstalled I doubt it will be coming off.

+2 on recommending Glens (Woody's) fairing.

Woody's looks like a good product.

I put a Tsukayu on the Heritage I have. It's worked well for me

OK. I got the fairing. Fit and finish is excellent. Communication is responsive and congenial. Packing seemed safe enough for Ooops to deliver it without cracks.

Here she is on the scoot. The black gel-coat is real nice, right out of the mold. She will be getting several coats of HD vivid black and clear, sometime this week...

http://usera.imagecave.com/pustelniakr/New Fairing.JPG
New%20Fairing.JPG

Enjoy,
Rich P

a friend of mine got one of these and he loved it. Not sure of the procedure to install, but he did not mention anything out of the odinary...

Back