free website stats program Won't start! | Harley Davidson Forums

Won't start!

Sunnysideup

Ok guys, it's a beautiful day and my bike won't start. The battery has been a lil sluggish so I run go replace it so I can ride today. Same as before, dash lights, no fuel pump and no start. Been digging around "search" but I'm running out of daylight:(.

Need help! Suggestions? Ideas?

Oh and I checked all the 15 amp fuses .....none blown that I could see.

Ok.......going to go try second key fob to see if that does any good. Bike has security system.

Hmmm, this may have always happened and I have not noticed it but as soon as I hit the start button, the little red key appears. Still no fuel pump noise or starter cranking over.

06 Street Bob FI 88 ci Saw where one guy on here resorted to hitting his LOL and it worked! Think I'll wait an hour or so for that!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you leave the FOB's in another room away from the bike, and lift the bike off the jiffy stand, does the turn signals start flashing?

With the keys/fob in the back bedroom 50 feet from the bike.....no flashers go off when I raise it up. Doesn't sound like an alarm issue does it?

Update.......no luck yet.

New battery, all 15 amp fuses replaced, new battery in key fob. Dash and lights come on, no fuel pump or starter turning over.

Next step

Alarms and Security Related Issues - Harley Davidson Community Have a look in here, I bet you can find an answer, Good Luck and let us know

Did you change the fob batteries?

Sorry just noticed you changed the FOB batteries already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back