free website stats program Wondering about CB's | Harley Davidson Forums

Wondering about CB's

mlrc10

I was just wondering why so many guys ride big touring bikes and don't use the comm system.I'm a PGR RC , and on some rides we'll have 80 bikes and only 3 or 4 will have comms.That's one of the best things about these big bikes as far as I'm concerned.What gives ?

All the communication stuff is why I ride! To get away from all that stuff! I have my cell in my pocket if "I" need it, but it is turned off. I don't want to be bothered by work or anything else. I am riding to "Get Away". No better place to clear my head than on the back of my Steed.

I don't use the CB on my bike just because I don't want to hear all the (EDIT) and foul language. I enjoy the Sat. radio once in awhile. But just the wind and rumble of the pipes are very relaxing and nice change from the every day stuff you have to put up with.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
The last thing I want when I'm riding is chatter in my ear. Hand signals have worked so far. I have a cell phone for the emergency.

Oops guess I should have said (brilliant sounds) comming into my ears from the outside world. Sorry about that.

Thank for the reminder tho. I think this is the best site around just becasuse of you guy keeping us in line. Thanks again. Keep up the great work.

I drive transport for a living and hear the cb day in and day out.The last thing i want is to hear that noise when i ride my scoot.I agree the sound of the wind and road is a lot better. Ride free brothers.:small3d018:

Wife and I rode our bikes from Central Wi though Mn, ND, SD & Nebraska in June. Kids followed us in the SUV and we used CB's to communicate. For our situation and driving well over 2000 miles, the CB's were a huge bonus. I can say that when we go on a normal trip though we don't use the CB. It seems like too much of a hassle trying to get on the same channel with the headsets all hooked up and working properly.:D

I've never really tried to use it. Don't ride in groups. I've used the intercomm but ended up taking the headset off my helmet. When I want to talk to someone, I'll just turn my head to my passenger or I'll stop.

One of these days I'll have to try it, but I'm in no hurry.

Back