free website stats program Wobbly front end | Harley Davidson Forums

Wobbly front end

heritagerick

I had just did some repairs on my '94 heritage and now I am noticing that while off the throttle and rolling down the road, my front end and handle bars will start to wobble, almost like a speed wobble. This will stop when I grasp the bars but it just doesn't seem right. Any suggestions?

What repairs? Anything to do with frontend?
Are you saying front end wobbles with no hands? Or it wobbles and you have to grip it harder?
More detail info needed.
wilks3
:USA

Could be a number of things as the others have suggested along with Wheel Alignment, Tire Wear issues, Loose Spokes, etc.

As wilks3 asked, what repairs have been done and was the problem there before these repairs? If the problem did not exist before, that is a good indicator where to start.

About 3 days ago when I went for a ride after work when slowing down to a stop and moving slow my frunt felt a little wobbly....I checked things out and my air was 34psi and it calls for 36....I tryed 37 tonight and wow...much better..handeled great:)..But like the guys said Id check bearings also.

i too found tire pressure to affect what 'feels' like a wobble...proper pressure eliminated the 'feeling'...also at one point had the head-bearings adjusted...this really firmed-up the bike overall...

Mine has always done the same thing (even while just cruising not just decel). Since I adjusted my vertical alignment, I notice it more since I can keep my hands off the bars longer.

I'm still trying to eliminate one item at a time (when I have time). Here are suggestions given to me on another thread.

Wobbly front end - Harley Davidson Community

Back