free website stats program Wisconsin to Maine via Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

Wisconsin to Maine via Canada

On June 3 rd my roadglide riding buddy and me on my electraglide will be leaving central Wisconsin crossing into Canada at Sioux St Marie. Our plans are to take HWY 17 into Quebec and eventually down into Bar Harbor, Maine. We want to have a lobster dinner,do some riding of the coast, etc. Any suggestions or concerns about crossing into Canada. We both have gotten our passports. My pipes are a little loud, is that a problem at the border crossing? I'd appreciate any input from anyone , thanks

A few of the basics: leave all firearms, pepper spray or weapons at home; don't be coy or smart with the boarder guards, answer all their questions honestly and directly and with respect.

As for the loud pipes, just don't go blasting them in towns and you should be fine. I've heard some small towns in Quebec may have noise bylaws regarding loud or modified-from-stock exhaust so curtail the urge to let 'er rip.

Enjoy the ride and ride defensively because, just like you, we also have cagers up here who don't pay attention, text and drive like general fools.:s

Have a safe trip.:bigsmiley12:

You won't have any problems with your pipes at the crossing or anywhere else for that matter as long as you don't act like a fool,same as in the States.The border crossing at the Sioux is pretty laid back,one of the smaller crossings.Hwy 17 is ok some nice scenery,but there are a lot of nicer rides into Quebec and over.I may be jaded here because I travel 17 all the time delivering trailers.

Hi....I am from Ottawa ON and did this trip a couple of times in the last few years. From the Sault St Marie and riding on the 17 is a good route until you come into Ottawa. Will this be your first stop? Plenty of things to see and do and some GREAt road to ride on. If you leave Ottawa and follow 17 EAST you will go through some great little towns arriving at a town called Hawkbury. Here you have to make a decision....it will be mostly 4 lane busy highway into Montreal and beyond when you decide to cross back into the US. You have plenty of choices where to enter the US New Hampshere gt some great mountain roads....so does Vermont and Maine.

If you need ay other insight on routes etc send me an email.....and dont forget Laconia NH on father day weekend....a real great weekend.

Thanks for all of the info guys, anything else anyone can think of would also be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to the trip!

There is a thread on here, "Maine Roll Call" that several of us Maineiacs are on. May want to take our contact info. Always willing to meet or assist fellow HD members.

Sounds like you have a great ride ahead of you. Enjoy. If I can help you at all, don't hesitate.:bigsmiley12:

I take Hwy 17 until Arnprior take 29 to 401 east & cross @ Ogdensburg NY or stay on HWY 17 to cornwall ontario crossing into NY both of these get you into the Adirondacks, good roads & small mom & pops acomodations. Montreal driving brutal.

There is a thread on here, "Maine Roll Call" that several of us Maineiacs are on. May want to take our contact info. Always willing to meet or assist fellow HD members.

Sounds like you have a great ride ahead of you. Enjoy. If I can help you at all, don't hesitate.:bigsmiley12:

Let s know when your heading our way... :)
WAP.gif

Back