free website stats program wiring up my new rear and turn signals | Harley Davidson Forums

wiring up my new rear and turn signals

hagan

hi i am changing the rear end of my 04 harley softail herritage, i have bought new turn signals and tail and stop light.my problem is this.my new turn signals have a green wire each ,one also has a blue wire and the other an orange one, which one conects to which origional wire on my wiring loome. my new rear light has 3 wires, a black, blue and black and grey wire,again what goes to which colour on my origional wiring loome. hope you can help,
regards dave

On the turn signals the green wire is probably the ground for both lights the turn signal power wires are the others. Original power wires for the turn signals should be brown or violet. As far as the tail light black is ground the other are for running lights and brake. Original wires should red for brake. Blue for running lights.

If you have differant color original wire let me know.

On the turn signals the green wire is probably the ground for both lights the turn signal power wires are the others. Original power wires for the turn signals should be brown or violet. As far as the tail light black is ground the other are for running lights and brake. Original wires should red for brake. Blue for running lights.

If you have differant color original wire let me know.

they is the colours that are my origiional ,i will try wiring in tonight and let you kn ow the result thanks for your help.
dave

oh yeah they are LED lights ,i don`t suppose this would make a difference.
dave

Last edited by a moderator:
hi break and tail light are working great but turn signals keep blowing the fuses. i`m left with these colour wires.

new turn signals have green each one also has blue and the other orange.
coming from the loome i have violet ,brown and orange/white,i have tried various ways of connecting them but they always blow the fuse,

any advise bwould be much appreciated,

dave

hi break and tail light are working great but turn signals keep blowing the fuses. i`m left with these colour wires.

new turn signals have green each one also has blue and the other orange.
coming from the loome i have violet ,brown and orange/white,i have tried various ways of connecting them but they always blow the fuse,

any advise bwould be much appreciated,

dave

Didn't these lights come with any instructions?

What brand name are they?

Have you gone to the manufacturers web page yet?

If you keep blowing fuses then id suspect that you have a short circuit and are drawing too much power through the circuit
could be that you have a bare wire somewhere perhaps the indicators aren't to well built

Brian

An update of what you found the problem to be may assist other users of the site when they do a search for similar problems

Brian

Back