free website stats program Wiring Tips | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring Tips

They are correct on the main focus = "patience"

Heard many stories of forcing wires & then there's extensive/expensive repair time. I've never changed bars, but wired many car stereos in my youth. Pretty much any wiring harness comes apart if you do it patiently - they're like a puzzle sometimes. Also, pics are worth their weight for re-connecting things back to norm.

Thanks Mr. Data!

They are correct on the main focus = "patience"

Heard many stories of forcing wires & then there's extensive/expensive repair time. I've never changed bars, but wired many car stereos in my youth. Pretty much any wiring harness comes apart if you do it patiently - they're like a puzzle sometimes. Also, pics are worth their weight for re-connecting things back to norm.

Thanks Mr. Data!

Very good answer Iceman, alot of patience goes a long way with electrical

I've run wiring into the bars on my last two bikes and helped with others. A electrical service manual has the information about the connectors and the above post has great pictures to show how to take them apart. When removing the wires, draw a diagram where the different wires go, so there is no doubt how they go into the connector. A little time here will make less headaches later. The wire wrap is a good idea that I hadn't thought of, we used yellow wire lube that is used to pull wire through conduits.

Back