free website stats program Wire problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Wire problems

jackod

I found a mess when I went to add the iSimple wire for my ipod. I believe the previous owner tapped into the accessory plug wires by the seat to add a GPS. Some of the red wires look they jump between two other wires and I don't know why he didn't just connect them. I plan to use some posi-tap type connectors to try and clean this up. (Not much good at soldering)

My questions are: Do you think there is any reason I can't just eliminate the jumper wires? Will I still be able to connect to and use the accessory plug?

I posted this on another forum in case you see it there but I didn't get any replies so I thought maybe you folks wouldn't mind taking a look at it. Thanks

Attachments

• wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 56
  • wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 48
  • wiring3.jpg
    wiring3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 44
  • wiring4.jpg
    wiring4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 40
Its hard to tell from pictures as to what goes where. Electrical tape is not a good connection however. Without actually seeing it, it will be hard to point you in the right direction.

IMO get rid of any wires you are not using, they will cause you a problem at some time, and make permanent repairs on your wires

I think I'm going to try and find someone local who can show me a good way to solder and shrink wrap the wires.

Back