free website stats program Winter storage | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storage

BOWHIKER

I checked with my dealer and was told if i remove my battery for winter storage i would not have to remap my bike again when putting the battery back in when spring comes . When i bought it and had the a/c and exhaust installed it was reflashed . I just want to confirm that by removing the battery it won't have to be reflashed again .

Two things:

1. Make sure the alarm is NOT set (on) when you remove the cables from the battery (negative first!).

2. Find another Dealership.

TQ

You may want to turn on the ignition and remove the maxi fuse first before removing the cables to keep the alarm from sounding.

Hey guys thanks for the advice here. I'm going to have to remove my battery for winter storage as well and this has been very helpful.

Why not use a Trickle Charger,have never removed a battery and never had any probs,just my opinion,Danny Mc

i agree with trickle charger and a full tank of gas .. no you wont have to have it reflashed if you remove the battery as they flash in new programing so itsthere till ya want it changed again

Yeah I use a Trickle Charger on all of my bikes and I have no problems in the spring. I also keep my all year rider plugged in and in the middle of the winter on a halfway decent day it fires rite up no problems what so ever... oh and yeah the stable is a good idea with a full tank.... FULL TANK....

Thanks guys , the only reason i'm thinking of removing the battery is because i have a climate controled storage unit but it doesn't have any electrical outlets to plug in my tender . So if i decide to store it there i want the battery out so i can keep the tender on it in my garage .

Back