free website stats program Winter Storage & Alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Storage & Alarm

jcaers

I have a 07 FXST with the buttonless FOB. I need store for the winter. Can anyone tell me the right method to
a-- put the alarm into long term storage
b-- Should I then disconnect/remove the battery?

Any help is appreciated:s

I was wondering the same thing. Since I've never owned a FI bike only carb previously I always had to put stabilizer in the tank, run a tank through the stabilizer through the carbs refill tank add more stabilizer for the gas in the tank, make sure I ran the carbs dry with the petcock valve closed, Then I would take the battery out of the bike and bring it home and set it up for the winter on a tender.

Should I do the same with the battery on the Harley? I think the prep for storage as far as fuel goes on fuel injection is different, but I won't know for sure until I pick it up tomorrow and get the owners manual.
:rider

I fill my tank add stabilizer,drive it home ,put it on the jack and plug it into the tender,thats it:D

I fill my tank add stabilizer,drive it home ,put it on the jack and plug it into the tender,thats it:D

would be nice to have power in my garage.

but since I don't I have to take the battery out. Hope its not hard to do on the 09 night train, It was easy on my old bike, pop the seat off, disconnect the terminals and pop out the battery. 1.2.3.
:rider

Back