free website stats program Winter Riding | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Riding

DANNY MC

Alrite guys,it will soon be that time of year this side of the pond that the dreaded Salt wagons will be out,spreading corosion everywere:bigsmiley28:
So question is,what do you fellas use as protection,have used Scotoiler 365 on jap sportsbikes but wondered if any other ideas out there, what with all the chrome on show.

P.S im not a year round rider but do enjoy the odd winter ride,cheers fellas.

once they start gritting the roads i tend only to use rhe bikes occasionally only once the road is dry
as the grit that is mixed with the salt turns to a greasy slime on the road and if there is a lot of it on the road its almost as bad as ice been down on that sort of roads a few times in the past as the temp is almost at freezing point here at night wont be long before the roads are a real mess

Brian

I just can't bring my self to take the Harley RKC on the road after they lay down salt. Spoked wheels and all those places for it to collect salt will eat the bike. Washing the bike in freezing temps can really be a problem also.

I have gone to an old Honda CB750 with a rattle can paint job for my winter riding. At $700 I don't mind if it gets a little rusty looking.

Back