free website stats program Winter Project: Fenders & Bag Extensions | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Project: Fenders & Bag Extensions

ocezam

I guess it's not really a winter project because I'm done, and it's not winter yet. A couple (or five) weeks ago I decided to do something custom with my fenders and bags. As with everything I do, the primary focus was on a tight budget. I would like to have gotten extended bags instead of the CVO extensions but I was able to score an unopened HD Kit (part number 90999-09) for under $200 on eBay. I also scored a fiberglass rear fender extension and Klockwerks "Wrapper" front fender on eBay for $150 and $125 respectively. Including paint, misc supplies, and my own labor I'm only into this job for about $600.

It took some time to 'glass in the fender extension and get the bag extensions to fit well. For the cost involved, I'm reasonably happy with it. I'm still gong to repaint the tank and fairing so the bike is all blue before springtime.

Before and after:

HPIM1224.jpg

HPIM1292.jpg

HPIM1269.jpg

HPIM1280.jpg

HPIM1296.jpg

HPIM1290.jpg

HPIM1286.jpg

I am hoping to do similar but not sure I will get to it this winter. Milwaukee Baggers has extended fender cover and extended bags ( you use your own lids) for about 1200. Still have to paint but they look pretty nice. Its a slow process but nice to do your own work Is that Grand Junction Colorado in your Pic? Rode through there and stayed there one night on our trip through Arizona, California etc from Alberta Canada. Nice area.

Back