free website stats program Windshields causing buffetting | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshields causing buffetting

slayer

I am wondering if anyone out there has some ideas I could use to fix all the wind I get behind my windshield on my dyna. It seems to be coming from below and rising up my body into my face. Shakes the (EDIT) out of my glasses. I put my arm across my chest and it stops most of it take the arm away and it comes again. Thanks.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

I had the same problem with my 09 Low Rider. My solution was to return it to the dealer and use the bucks for my Stage I. Others on here have installed some shields lower by the fork tubes that seemed to help them. Do a search on the site and you will find lots of discussions on the shields.
JP

I had the same problem on a previous bike. Installed some lower shields from Memphis Shades, and it took care of the problem.

The Jacks flaps vests do just what they say they are supposed to do from personal experiences with the vest.

I had the same problem on my EG Standard. all I have to do is keep my legs against the tank an no more wind. The fairing might make a big diff. though.

As the forum answers show, the solution to the wind coming from underneath are "lowers". I had a metric that had the lowers built into the aftermarket windhsield. Worked great...The helmet buffeting usually comes from the windshield not being adjusted quite right. It doesn't take a whole lot of movement of the windshield up or down to correct the problem....

So far sounds like the Jackflaps are the way to go. Hmmm. Thanks guys. While I am at it any tips on finding the correct height to cut down my windshield. I don't want to cut it twice if you know what I mean.

So far sounds like the Jackflaps are the way to go. Hmmm. Thanks guys. While I am at it any tips on finding the correct height to cut down my windshield. I don't want to cut it twice if you know what I mean.
It's the wind traveling up your shins that causes the buffeting.
You could ride with your boots behind your ears!

Back