free website stats program Windshield Replacement Instructions | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Replacement Instructions

israguard

Hi Guys,
Not more than 5 minutes ago did I get my shipment from Clearview. Discovered them through this Forum.

I'm no Bob Vila... so I must ask.

On the bike.. do I just loosen the 3 screws and gently pull out stock windshield ?. Or do screws have to come out completly ?

Any advice you may have so that I dont screw this up will be much appreciated.

Rgds, Shawn

Shawn; remove all three w/s screws - it allows enough room to slide your old shield out & the new one in. Careful when tightening the screws back in place - they're brass inserts & can strip easy. Don't need them too tight - just snug where there's no wiggle & shield's clamped in place to stay. Enjoy!

Had mine off a number of times but I remove the screws totally, just so I can keep track of them. Hate it when they fall on the floor and I have to hunt for them.

I am in agreement with gusotto..I remove them and liine them up in a military formation as not to loose one. Enjoy the new shield.

Careful when tightening the screws back in place - they're brass inserts & can strip easy.

This is painfully true. Don't ask how I know! :)

However, if you do strip them out, you can get a replacement brass fitting to install... again, don't ask.

:newsmile026:

Mine is older but has "spacer" tubes between mounting bracket and fork cover that bolts go through. Not sure if you have this but same thing as above. Keep track of them and have it lined up for bolts when ready to install.

Back