free website stats program Windscreen Comparison | Harley Davidson Forums

Windscreen Comparison

rusntx

Hey fellow Road King riders, wondering if anyone found the Freedom windscreen provided better performance than others such as stock,Clearview or LRS. I currently have an LRS on both my stock windshield setup and on my Dead Center Fairing happy with them but am interested in the Freedom stock windshield replacement as they are a bit wider (2") in the middle and up top which should reduce the air flow at my ears which can be a bit much on longer rides. I ride with the DCC fairing on most long hauls (Tunes, GPS) but summer is upon us and a windscreen only might be the ticket here in TX even on long hauls. Not sure if ya know but it gets HOT here;). Heard good things about them too just like LRS. Like the fact you can ride and try, return without problems. I know the easy answer...just try it. Been thinking of giving Freedom a go for quite a while but I like my LRS too, just wanting to maybe improve on a good thing.Wanting a real world comparison and why. Thx

I had a LRS and found it too easy to scratch.I have a Freedom Shield for more than a year and like the fact that it is thicker.
Worth the extra money in My opinion.

Windshields are like oil discussions. My self I am having a dilemma with windscreens also. I removed the 4 1/2 inch screen and installed the 10 inch O.E. screen and really like it. I have a lead on a 8.5" flare Klock Werks screen for $60.00 and am having trouble deciding to go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
you will love the 81/2 klock werks
Thanks for your reply nfusion. I am 5 11" and can see over the O.E. 10" screen but while cornering I had to make adjustments while riding due to top of screen being in line of vision. Do you think the Klock Werks screen being almost 2 inches lower could help with aspect of riding and still have the calmness of air behind screen. That calm air is what I do not want loose.

I had a Klock Werks on my 05RG and now have one on my 15RG and it is true you can go shorter because of the flair. If your current windscreen lets the air flow over you head you can get a flair type one or two inches lower. dbmg that is a great price if the screen is in good shape.

So back to Road King's. I'm an LRS guy but mine never comes off so scratching really isnt an issue for me. They are on sale so cheap about twice a year that I would just buy another one. I too would like to hear some feedback on the Freedom as far as wind differences.....

I have had a 11" LRS and 11" Freedom and I can't tell any difference with wind.There is no turbulence with the recurve.The mail slot on the 14 and up does nothing when You have a recurve windshield.

Interesting. You would think that the Freedom being wider would make a big difference. I cant imagine what good the mail slot is. I guess if you were really small and were totally shielded by the wind you could get some air.....I guess. Not a problem that I posses......:D

Back