free website stats program Windows7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windows7

According to my son, who is a tech whiz, Windows7 is going to be a big improvement on XP, with Vista being a complete disaster from day one. Windows7 wasn't rushed through like Vista was with all it's bugs plus being a huge cumbersom program. I must admit, I feel comfortable with the old XP!!

7 is what vista was suppose to be it is leaner and has the added features of vista but not as much of the junk.
That said Most of us will do just fine wit XP and they will be supporting it for a long time yet.
I used the prerelease verion of 7 a bit it is much better than vista.
So if you bought a new computer with vista on it not to long ago you may get a free upgrade to 7 take it

From The Microsoft website..

Mainstream Support delivers complimentary and paid support, free security updates, and bug fixes to all Windows customers who purchase a retail copy of Windows XP (i.e., a shrink-wrapped, not pre-installed copy). Mainstream Support for Windows XP will continue through April 2009.

Extended Support delivers free security updates to all Windows customers. Customers can also pay for support on a per incident basis. Extended Support for Windows XP will continue until April 2014. New bug fixes require the Extended Hotfix Support program.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically you can not call Microsoft for support. Mainstream support ended in April. So for XP users, you will need to use support/internet groups and boards for support.

Too easy old timer. You just went to your controll panel, clicked on "Display, then "settings"......didn't you?.......and your away!!!!!!

It was more like about 50 trips to change the size of different things on the screen now that it's wide :D

I think I will stick with XP for a while. Don't want to have to upgrade my printer, web cam, fax, & software for now. Do you think Microsoft would tell you buy this it sucks?

Back