free website stats program Wind resistant long johns? | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind resistant long johns?

ImaRider

Been looking for a pair of thermal underwear and was considering the Gator skins. Can anyone recommend long underwear that resists wind at riding speeds? I usually wear lined jeans in the colder weather. Last year I had a set of silk light weight thermals. They didn't quite hit the mark when it got 30'ish. I don't wear chaps and doubt I ever will. I just don't like the look or the weight.

Leather over-pants are much better than chaps. Leather is your wind break. Long johns are storage for air warmed by the body. Rain suits are also quite good as wind breaks.

What kill over time are any leaks in your outfit. Good seals around openings and seams is paramount. Try one of the good rain suits. When it is super cold, I wear my rainsuit over my leathers. Teh results are almost like a snowmomile suit. Leaks are still the biggest issue.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I did my looking in the Cabela's catalog. they have the UA underwear and the WCECS militry underwear. I didn't know which of the UA was the best or if the base 4 was too thick?

Motorcyclegear.com - TPG Winter Basegear Pants & Top. Has windstopper on the front of garment. $62.96 for each. Have not tried them personally but I'm going to buy a set to go over my wicking (Armor) gear.

We're fortunate enough to have a Cabela's right down the road and they have a selection like I've never seen. Everything for various temps/conditions so if you don't have a local store, or can't get to one - shop online. Great stuff!!

We're fortunate enough to have a Cabela's right down the road and they have a selection like I've never seen. Everything for various temps/conditions so if you don't have a local store, or can't get to one - shop online. Great stuff!!

Just my luck in the whole state of Va. not one store with 1 announced future location almost on the Tenn./Ky. border.

Two words: Heated gear.:bigsmiley12:

I have the Harley jacket liner and the gloves. Both are fantastic when you're riding in chilly and freezing temps. I plan on getting a pair of the pant liners. Going to have to put them on my Christmas wish list.

Back