free website stats program Willie G Skull Grips Anyone tried them ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Willie G Skull Grips Anyone tried them ?

Bud White

Retired Moderators
Are They Cushy like harley claims or no i like the ideal of them as they are non glue.. the others im looking at are the Kuryakyn ISO Grips which you have to glue the one on..

Got a brand you of hair spray you reccomend? course i wont be able to let them sit 12 hours when i do it as i wont be at my house..

And do the iso grips really make a difference?

I used to use hair spray on the grips from my motocross days and it does work. I also had the Skull grips on my Night Train and liked them but the chrome began to peel after about 6 months

I've fitted the "squishy" Kuryakyn grips to my FLSTN, and they work great.They came fitted with a paddle type lever on the end of the throttle twist grip that fits into the palm and assists when one blips or moves the throttle . My brother also has them fitted to his FLSTF (sans paddle) and we glued both sets on.

In all the years we've been riding,we have found by using a HAIR DRYER to heat glued-on grips that they come off easily,and are replaced just as easily.

Ditto on the hairspray.......it does work....hubby laughed at me when I told him that when we changed grips out on our bikes. I raced mtb's too for many years and I never had a set of grips to slip on my. But, the trick is that you have to let them set up.

Back