free website stats program will a 210 fit | Harley Davidson Forums

will a 210 fit

softailsteve

Its time for a new rear tire on my softail . I just turned 8700 miles I saw metzler offers a 210/50/17 that I can get a little cheaper than the dunlap 200/55/17 that it came with ,just wondering if anyone knows if I would have any clearance problems

I haven't tried one my self. the only clearance problems I've heard of are the blinker wires on the rear fender. There's a guy here in town that runs that tire and he loves it.

Thanks for the reply I stopped at the shop yesterday and talked with the parts guys they think it will fit but said I may have to trim my lower belt guard but I dont think it will be a problem . One of the reasons I was looking at the Metzler is the dunlap qualifier wore down kinda fast but the replacement is a d407 it seems to last longer on the 07 and later . Harley now uses the dunlap d407 instead of the qualifier ,must be a reason huh. But I still a little bigger tire would fill out the fender and look good.

yeah I know what you mean, I was gonna put the Metzler but I wanted to see one on the bike before I put one on mine. The guy here in town that runs one is "hear say" for me. I haven't actually seen it, the guy at the shop told me about it. I went with the Avon cobra on the back because they have the right size. I'm still hoping Metzler comes out with the size in their line. I like Metzlers and I have one on the front but I don't like changing stock sizes.

Thinking about going back with the dunlap my cousin stopped by yesterday showed me his 07 softail custom with a little over 6k on it and the d407"s that there using now have a wear indicator he"s not even close to it or the wear that my dunlap qualifer showed at 6k and trust me he does"t baby it if anything he rides harder than me and does alot more two-up riding than me . I think the motor company saw the problem and changed to a harder compound to fix it .

Back