free website stats program Wild 1 wo518 handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Wild 1 wo518 handlebars

I'm going to be installing these bars on a 2010 FLHRC. Extending the TBW cables won't be an issue but I'm concerned about the brake and clutch cables. With all the threads I've read on here there seems to be different experiences about whether they will need to be replaced. Has anyone installed these bars on a 2010 or know if the stock cables will fit? Any help appreciated.

I have the 504's on my 2009 FLHRC, which are 1 inch narrower and 2 inches less pullback than than your 518's. I have plenty of slack in the brake, but the clutch is perfect when the bars are turned all the way to left. I think you might have a problem with 518's causing the clutch cable to bind against the clip that holds the clutch cable to the frame. Also, are you thinking about runnin the electrical inside the the bars? I highly reccommend this, it makes for a really clean look. However, I only have about 2 inches of extra wire between the bar exit and the connectors. So, I'm almost certain you will need a wire extension kit if you are going to wire inside the bars.

Just something to keep in mind. I replaced the bars on my 04 Road Glide with Heritage style bars. True you can use the standard clutch cable but use caution. If you turn the bars lock to lock and the clutch lever free play is gone in either position you might want to consider installing a longer cable. After installing my Heritage bars, I left for a road trip. I made it to New Mexico from San Diego and discovered the threaded end of my cable which screws into the transmission side cover snapped off cleanly at the cable end. (not enough free play) It's much easier and wiser to do this in your own garage as a precautionary measure than down the road on a primitive road.

Back