free website stats program Wife Wants A New Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Wife Wants A New Seat

ewiltgen

My wife just got her new 09 883 low. She hates the stock seat, we are looking at either the Mustang Sportster Solo #76154 seat or the Danny Gray BigSeat Solo. She is 5'1" 105lbs. She plans to do some longer rides up to 400 miles a day so comfort is supreme. If anyone has any expieriance with these or other suggestion please let us know. I did put forward controls on because she did'nt like the pegs in the way when she put her feet down. I've attached a picture so you can see how the bike fits her with the stock seat. :s

Attachments

• A2.JPG
    A2.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 107
I'm not sure from FatBoB to Shorty how the seats fit, but if you want a long riding, wide, comfortable seat, check out the stock seat for the FatBob. I think it would fit seeing it the same back end.

She'll likely get the most confort out of a solo seat. If you can find Air foam, instead of memory foam or gel, you will really feel the difference. I got mine at mad cow leather up here in Michigan. Home | Mad Cow Custom Leather, LLC. Ask for Jay, tell him Doc sent you, and ask for his best price.

My "touring" seat is a Corbin solo. I've ridden 500 mile days going cross-country on it. It looks and fits great and is comfortable to me.

The single best change i made to my '98 xlh1200 was installing the Mustang Solo seat. I've done 700-mile days with it.

I had the Mustang solo saddle w/backrest on my Sporty and loved it so much that I have the same seat on my St Bob. It's the MOST comfortable seat I've ever! The only thing I don't like about it, is that when it gets wet, water gets into the seams and stays, so when you sit on it....I just cover the seat for the night when traveling, jsut in case :)

Be very very careful when the wife starts looking for new seats. My wife didn't like the rear of the seat I had on my 07 Superglide Custom. We went to the dealer to shop around for a seat. We came back with an Ultra Classic! Now THAT, my friends, is one expensive seat upgrade.

High density closed cell foam is expensive and necessary for a good seat. Add to it "real" saddle grade leather and yes Corbin and other "custom" seats are expensive, but again...accrued over the expected long term use and the upclose and "personal" tender area of our anatomy...how do you put a price on that? Yes, in my case a sheepskin/gel pad add-on was sufficent. But if you want your wife to be comfy over a long distance, you have to bite the bullet and get what fits your comfort level and budget. Been said before "--if the wife ain't happy..."! :D

Last edited:
I never heard of Corbin before, thanks guys!

The Girlfriend told me she wouldn't ride with me on my Sportster, so I'm headed in to buy a Street Bob today. What can I say? You gotta keep 'em happy, right?

Anyhow, I'm still a young man, and 100 miles is all my 883L tank will take me before the light comes on, and that's JUST the distance my derrier will allow me to ride on that stock Brawler seat. Looks great on the bike, though.

Hi. I liked my stock seat on 05 883l. Road 300-400 miles a day din't have a problem with . But everyone is diferent. I now have a 2009 1200l, i totaled my 883l a month ago, that is another expensive and painful seat upgrade, anyway i put a reach solo on it and i really like it and my hubby does to when he rides it to the station for gas if not ready to go when he is. Also helps with fitting to the bike better.

P8080002.jpg

P8080020.jpg

Back