free website stats program WideGlide Fork Assembly | Harley Davidson Forums

WideGlide Fork Assembly

YoDA

I'm rebuilding the forks on my WideGlide and when I disassembled them I noticed the 'spacer' or whatever it's called was at the top of the fork spring just below the tube cap. However, when I looked in my manual when reassembling the fork it clearly shows the spacer at the bottom of the spring. Anyone know which position is correct? I've circled the part in question in the attached image. Thanks!!WG Fork Assembly.JPG

A wee bit more info on the bike model may be helpful my 94 fxdwg has no spacer shown on the parts list however a previous owner may have replaced the springs with a set of progressive springs which use a spacer on top of the spring to set the firmness of the spring and I put the plastic spacers back where I found them on reassembly however if you have owned the bike from new you will know if any modifications have been done

Brian

The WideGlide is a 2014, I am not the original owner so I don't know if the configuration of the spacer is correct, thus the problem.

It appears that your #3 covers #22, the long spring. The parts manual calls it collar spring. I don't have a service manual though. Looking at a parts diagram.
tourbox

Back