free website stats program WHY??? justanswer.com | Harley Davidson Forums

WHY??? justanswer.com

mrgarlic

Good morning, mrgarlic here. Yesterday I googled a question and was directed to your site. I found my answer immediately, so I was anxious to sign up and find more discussions. This morning I was very quickly redirected to "justanswer.com". Is that standard practice on this forum? I started answering question until I was asked for money. If I have to pay to participate on this forum, I am gone.

Good morning, mrgarlic here. Yesterday I googled a question and was directed to your site. I found my answer immediately, so I was anxious to sign up and find more discussions. This morning I was very quickly redirected to "justanswer.com". Is that standard practice on this forum? I started answering question until I was asked for money. If I have to pay to participate on this forum, I am gone.

Not sure why you were "sent" there!? NO - you dont have to "pay to participate" here on HDT so no need to leave just yet!!!! Glad to have you on the forum!

Check and make sure you don't have a virus or other malware that has infected your computer. Redirects like that are usually the result of an infection. There are some pretty nasty browser "hijacker" viruses that can direct you to all kinds of unwanted places so be careful.

The fee imposed maybe due to search engine. Through Google or Yahoo no such thing.

Check and make sure you don't have a virus or other malware that has infected your computer. Redirects like that are usually the result of an infection. There are some pretty nasty browser "hijacker" viruses that can direct you to all kinds of unwanted places so be careful.

Ditto that response. Sounds like his browser may have been hijacked.

I agree. I think his browser has an infection of some sort to 'redirect'.
Rest assured, original poster, there is NO fee to hang out here. Don't leave..there's a wealth of knowledge here. Fine people to help you out or just chat with and share our ideas/stories/tips etc from our little corner of the biker world. A fine site with good rules on decorum. Keeps it clean and forthright.
My computer got infected and was doing some strange 'redirecting' etc. I finally bought ( pretty cheap) and downloaded Malwarebytes Anti malware.
It cleaned my system and, so far, no repeats. I'm sure there are many other programs as good or better. I'm not associated with Malwarebytes in any way. It's just something that worked well for me, at a very reasonable price.

I'm sure there are many other programs as good or better.

Not many - this is the #1 go-to tool for working on infestation of a pc. There's a couple other scan tools that typically are used along with AMB, but this is one of the top utilities at the moment.

Back