free website stats program whos bike is this? | Harley Davidson Forums

whos bike is this?

an ad recently appeared in craigslist for this bike at a ridiculous price; 4400 buks.
same ad appeared in different locations etc, obvious scam, but where did the fotos come from? any help might nail the scammer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 89
The scammers usually grab the pictures off the net of someone elses bike. We had an ex member here on the forum that claimed to buy a new bagger and even posted pics of it too, that is until the real owner saw it and from there on it was all downhill for him. Proof was furnished by the real owner to substantiate who really owned the bike.

Bought my first touring bike today! - Harley Davidson Community

That is funny. I think I have heard his country song.

We need to post her email so EVERYONE can email her. I put her on an email bot for a bit until she figured out what I was doing.

I had a strange one: I had posted my 1996 Buell on Craigslist for sale, and got an email from someone that claimed that they represented their cousin who was in college, and couldn't negotiate in person. This person wanted to pay me more than I was asking, and pay for shippment up front if I gave her my PayPal account information, or my bank account info for a wire transfer. Needless to say I did not go along with the deal, but it shows how desperate some people are to screw you. I'm sure if I gave my PayPal info, I would not have any money left within days. Something to think about when selling your spare parts.

I had a strange one: I had posted my 1996 Buell on Craigslist for sale, and got an email from someone that claimed that they represented their cousin who was in college, and couldn't negotiate in person. This person wanted to pay me more than I was asking, and pay for shippment up front if I gave her my PayPal account information, or my bank account info for a wire transfer. Needless to say I did not go along with the deal, but it shows how desperate some people are to screw you. I'm sure if I gave my PayPal info, I would not have any money left within days. Something to think about when selling your spare parts.

I had something very similar to that happen to me when I posted a boat for sale on Craigslist.

Offering more then you ask is a big time scam, it was prevelent up here in Canada on kijiji
They would be acting on behalf of somebody overseas who wanted that particular bike. send a check for a large amount as downpayment, before it cleared (and it never would) they inform you that the private shipper needs his money up front and they don't have time to get more from overseas, could you pay the shipper, usually 2,500 to save the deal , afterall you have 4-5 grand in the bank waiting to clear and you hold the bike untill full payment. People actually did this.

Back