free website stats program Who me? | Harley Davidson Forums

Who me?

jeffski07

Hi, in short, I've been riding for over 40 years. Started on CB 350's and a pre-AMF Iron Sportster. Got a license at 18 and went through an immature period of speed seeking. Far short of cash for a Ducati I had to modify a '69 CB 750. This lack of cash also meant grimy hands and the start of wrenching.
Later I dreamed of a Harley. :nosad The cash factor lead me to chop cheap jap bikes. Living in France H.D.'s were few and expensive. Still have very fond memory's of XS 650's.
Got a spanking new '88 Softail on credit and had to rely on home made or swapped parts to modify. Sold her 2 years later for money reasons with 38.000km (25.000 miles):(
In '95 I got my '93 1200 XLH with only 2.300km on her. We have been a team ever since. The engine is stock with 130.000 km (80.000 miles) and runs like a charm. Now in the habit of home made accessory's and swap parts I have managed to create the most beautiful machine on earth! Just like your's right? Except they don't look the same. :)

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

You write a pretty picture of your ride. Welcome to the forum from across the pond in the southwest desert.

Back