free website stats program who makes syn 3 ? | Harley Davidson Forums

who makes syn 3 ?

Iam a Mobile1 V-twin user myself, but on one of the harley shops it says its now 100% synthetic. I thought maybe someone else might be making it now.

I've alway used red line,no problem. I could not get red line in knoxville,tenn at time of oil change,tryed moble 1 and it used about a qt between oil change.would changing brands make it do that? I have a 2001 roadking with 88,000 on it so it has a lot of miles. Never used that much before only about 1/2 qt

Each time I get my oil changed at my local HD dealer they ask if I want synthetic and each time I say no. Been using fosil the whole time and haven't had a problem. Maybe on my next bike I will switch but not yet. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Quite honestly, refined dino oil is a pretty good product, and if changed regularly and not stressed too much, would probably be just fine. Problem is modern V-Twins are higher displacement, tighter toleranced and very stressed, along with pressure on envionmental concerns and high temperature operation...conspire to make extended oil changes more of a personal decision.

Frankly, I have been extending my oil changes to the manufacturer's regular recommendation of 5,000 miles these days. It is just easier to just glance at the odometer and know it's time than the traditional 3,000 miles. Having grand children makes me think of all the things I can do to make two wheeled sports a way of life, and that is why. I also recycle the oil and filter and minimize spillage as a matter of course.

As for Citgo and Syn3, I choose not to use it...overpriced and frankly why not use something that works for you that is branded by a manufacturer who is proud to put their name on the product.

Back