free website stats program Whizzing Noise, Coming into 4th Gear | Harley Davidson Forums

Whizzing Noise, Coming into 4th Gear

RibEye

When operating at running temp, out on the highway, when I shift into 4th, from up or down (especially down), I get an initial whizzing noise, and 4th seems to whine just a bit while there. Is this normal?

When cool, or in town, I don't notice it...just out in the twisties, and two-up.

She is an '03 RKC, with a stage-1 TC-88A and stock 5-speed tranny.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm starting to get concerned. It does not appear anybody has this.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Well to answer I would need a little more information like:

*How many miles on the bike?

*What tranny oil do you use?

*Whizzing noise Only while shifting up-down?

*Clutch adjusted properly?

*Also the 1/8 or "Less" gap on the clutch cable at handlebar?

I would suggest to try the OIL I use "Redline Shockproof Heavy"... A friend had a noisy tranny and the Redline made all the difference in the world...Shifted better and was Quiet!

OIL is the First easiest and would not Hurt to try. Regardless...

signed....BUBBIE

Well to answer I would need a little more information like:

*How many miles on the bike?

*What tranny oil do you use?

*Whizzing noise Only while shifting up-down?

*Clutch adjusted properly?

*Also the 1/8 or "Less" gap on the clutch cable at handlebar?

I would suggest to try the OIL I use "Redline Shockproof Heavy"... A friend had a noisy tranny and the Redline made all the difference in the world...Shifted better and was Quiet!

OIL is the First easiest and would not Hurt to try. Regardless...

signed....BUBBIE
1. Just shy of 18K on the scooter

2. Spectro GL5 in the tranny and Formula+ in the primary.

3. Light whine while in 4th, whistley-whizzing on entry to 4th, from up or down but mostly from up to down, and only when up to full operating temp.

4. Clutch adjusted properly with specified gap.

My imagination sees something thin and metallic dragging on the side of a gear, when I hear the noise.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rich, just cause you are there..... I have notified management of the filthy stuff at the top of any page I get on...... Is this showing up on your page, Just under the advertisements i'm sure they want???

Just to see if you see a simple quick Yes would be all i need..

bubbie

Rich, just cause you are there..... I have notified management of the filthy stuff at the top of any page I get on...... Is this showing up on your page, Just under the advertisements i'm sure they want???

Just to see if you see a simple quick Yes would be all i need..

bubbie
None for me.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back