free website stats program White Walls | Harley Davidson Forums

White Walls

rcwheelman

I can't post pictures yet cause I'm still considered a level 3 and I need to be level 5.. o.0 When I hit level 5 I'll post some pics of my new Harley I just purchased still in the dealership atm, until monday.
I'm still going over in my head and on websites, the customization that I want to do to make the bike my own outside what I've already done to it.
I was thinking since the entire bike was vivid gloss black paint with black powder coat everywhere else, besides the few hints of chrome on the wheels and front raked forks. That I would go with some white walls.
Do you guys think this would be a good idea on this bike?

I'm sure you all have seen the 09 night train. Picture it in your head with some white walls and submit your opinions for me I'm very curious on everyones
pros and cons in actually doing it.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think White Walls would look all that good on The Night train. I was looking at one in the showroom just last week and was thinking with all the black on the bike If I had one I might take it a little further and go with some Black slip-on mufflers. Again this is just my opinion.

yeah the stock chrome pipes were the first thing to be taken off and replaced with blackened out V&H drag pipes with chrome tips.

Be sure and post pic's as soon as you can so we can all see what it looks like with your mod's on. And by the way; welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Be sure and post pic's as soon as you can so we can all see what it looks like with your mod's on. And by the way; welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Thanks Dave, I'm loosing sleep over this bike :D and I don't even have it in my garage yet. Paperwork was signed at the end of march. My handle bar risers were back ordered for a week, so when they finally came in, one of techs at bergen harley called me and said that he ordered the wrong riser kit for my bike. This was friday 4/10. He said they would order the correct ones and the bike should be ready on monday.

I will definately post pics monday after I do my 3rd gear 30 to 60 ten time break in, and get her in my driveway.

That's a blacked out bike. I'd stay with black tires.

Yeah the more I look at the bike, the more I want to agree with you.
:bigsmiley31:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you feel about you riser issues. When I ordered my windshield it took a week to get in. When the parts guy opened the factory sealed box for delivery inspection there was no mounting hardware. It had to be reordered which meant another week to wait. But it was worth the wait; butting on the shield made for a lot more comfortable ride. All's well that ends well.

I know how you feel about you riser issues. When I ordered my windshield it took a week to get in. When the parts guy opened the factory sealed box for delivery inspection there was no mounting hardware. It had to be reordered which meant another week to wait. But it was worth the wait; butting on the shield made for a lot more comfortable ride. All's well that ends well.

Yeah thats what all my friends keep trying to tell me. "Its worth the wait"
I agree, but the wait is killin me :D

I was thinking about a shield, but upon closer inspection of the bike, looking at it as a whole and picturing even a small shield on there, I personally don't think it would look right. Now me being one to not base my opinions solely on looks, but more on a more comfortable ride. I decided against the shield, but also decided against the skull cap helmet and went with a full face for highway road trips.

After my 1000 mile service visit, I plan on taking the bike on her first long trip to Chicago from Jersey, which is about a 850 mile trip 1 way. I think the full face will do nicely.

I rode for about Six months without a shield and when ever I rode into a strong head wind it felt like it just really wore me out some times and was very tiring. Adding the shield made the ride a lot more enjoyable. the thing about is you can always add one later if you decide to and you can get a detachable which you can take off in less than a minute.

I rode for about Six months without a shield and when ever I rode into a strong head wind it felt like it just really wore me out some times and was very tiring. Adding the shield made the ride a lot more enjoyable. the thing about is you can always add one later if you decide to and you can get a detachable which you can take off in less than a minute.

Good point that may be an option then, and just keep it ready for road trips.
I'm thinking about the tri-bar HD led strip tail light and Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit also from HD.

I dunno though I like the idea of getting rid of the amber lenses in the back for red ones but the smoke lenses also look nice. And I think they would go well with the tri-bar led brake light, cause thats a dark smoke covered lense as well.

Dunno I don't plan on doing my lighting anytime soon. but I know just those 3 things are right around the 400.00 to 450.00 range.

I would like to get the Smart Siren II installed first and foremost with the pager.

Back