free website stats program white powder substance coming from exhaust(?) | Harley Davidson Forums

white powder substance coming from exhaust(?)

TGlide

What would cause a white powder to come out of my exhaust on a 2011, 103 engine? It's running great. Don't understand it.
TGlide

It started last fall about 8K miles on it. They thought the cats blew out and change the pipe and cats. This spring I did the stage 1 kit. It hadn't been driven yet since the cats were new. I took it out yesterday for a 400 mile run and the white dust on the back of
my bike is back. (?) About short runs? Not me. I've never went out for less that 1/2 hr
ride. Someone said it might be a head gasket or oxygen sensor or it's sucking air somewhere. It's baffled me so far. It's a 2011 Triglide w/ the 103 engine.
TGlide

It started last fall about 8K miles on it. They thought the cats blew out and change the pipe and cats. This spring I did the stage 1 kit. It hadn't been driven yet since the cats were new. I took it out yesterday for a 400 mile run and the white dust on the back of
my bike is back. (?) About short runs? Not me. I've never went out for less that 1/2 hr
ride. Someone said it might be a head gasket or oxygen sensor or it's sucking air somewhere. It's baffled me so far. It's a 2011 Triglide w/ the 103 engine.
TGlide

Sounds like an extreme lean condition, can you add more fuel? This may be why they had to change the exhaust? Do you have warranty left, if you do I would have them check for a lean rear cylinder possible bad head gasket

Thanks for the input Jack. I'm thinking that too. Dropping the HOG off Sat AM and hopefully they can do the job right. And yes I have a long warrantee, so HD can do it all if they have to. I need it back and fixed soon for another trip.
TGlide

Thanks for the input Jack. I'm thinking that too. Dropping the HOG off Sat AM and hopefully they can do the job right. And yes I have a long warrantee, so HD can do it all if they have to. I need it back and fixed soon for another trip.
TGlide

Welcome to The Forum, When you get it back be sure and let us know what the fix was. You can give the dealer Kudos or thumbs down on the service here on the Forum, Best of Luck:s

Back