free website stats program whine in 4th gear | Harley Davidson Forums

whine in 4th gear

gjeffers

i have a 06 roadking that makes a distinct whine (although not real loud) in 4th gear, anyone elses do this and should i worry. dont seem to be getting any louder. have put 3000 miles on it since i bought it and do almost all highway riding. changed oil to redline heavy. just wondering what people with exp think.

thanks Gary

Gear drive? Maybe it has gear driven cams? Can you tell from which general area the noise is coming from? Welcome to the Forum too!

Bodeen

i have a 06 roadking that makes a distinct whine (although not real loud) in 4th gear, anyone elses do this and should i worry. dont seem to be getting any louder. have put 3000 miles on it since i bought it and do almost all highway riding. changed oil to redline heavy. just wondering what people with exp think.

thanks Gary

Was it noisy from the start?

Redline Shockproof Heavy is a GOOD choice for the tranny IMO as all know..:bigsmiley24:

I would Not worry with it having a whine as I would with a LOUD whine or ???

like you said it isn't LOUD so ride it. and enjoy...

IF it gets loud Then check it out.

signed....BUBBIE

thanks Gary

Normal for a five speed transmission. Your fourth gear is straight cut. As some said, put a good gear oil in her and ride. My 06 Road King did the same thing and so does my six speed 08 Electra glide, only in Fifth gear.

My 06 Ultra classic wines in 4th gear also. Your not the first person I've seen post about it. I put Redline with shockproof in the tranny. It helped a little but I think it a normal sound.

Ok, thanks guys, ill just go ride. it had 13000 on it when i bought it so im not sure if it did it from the beginning. im not gonna worry about it now! :cheers

Gary

Back