free website stats program WHIM & Head Sets | Harley Davidson Forums

WHIM & Head Sets

joel

We have been wanting to go wireless ever sense I tipped the old bike over down in Arches National Park and the wifes com cord didn't disconnect as she was ejected.
I have been kicking this around for awhile now. New helemt with built in or the H-D product.
So with Chrome cash and promo gift cards from venders we are heading to the dealer this morning to get them.
I will do the install and try to load up some pictures.
This will also let me relocate the Sirius antenna. Been thinking of mounting it externally to see if the reception improves.

Here is a up date on the install.
I pick up the kit back in December.
But being I hyper extended my left knee the month before I put off installing it until it felt better.
20180205_150749.jpg

This is Feb 8th when I start the project.20180206_122241.jpg

Attachments

• 20180205_152653.jpg
    20180205_152653.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180206_164940.jpg
    20180206_164940.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
We began to get busy at the shop so the bike goes on the back burner.
In the mean time I end up opening a couple L&I claims,
1 for my knee because it has been getting worse, turns out I have torn the meniskis and waiting for a surgery date, 2nd for a injury to both my wrists, snapped a tendon sheath badly in the left and a slight tear in the the right, compounded with carpole tunnel and waiting for surgery date also.
So I began to finish putting the bike back togeather, in mid March when a customer requested a major repair on a 67 Chevy so the owner could drive it one last time.
Turns out it hadn't ran sence 97 when it pulled the rocker studs do to the Thunderbolt cam he installed without building the heads.
This is where things went south for me.
After the heads were fixed with bolt in studs, I torn my left retina while installing, you guessed it, the left head. How ironic is that?
I had laser surgery April 9th for a horse shoe tear of the left retina. Because of the strain installing the 54 lb left cylinder head.
So I have left my bike in a partly disassembled condition so I wouldn't be tempted to ride.
Good idea, don't you agree? I thought so, until today.
You see all I have left is to put on the driving light assemblies and the seat, wash it again because of the 3 months of shop dust on it and it is ready to ride.
But hold on, more drama on your way.
I'm helping my tech fix the muffler on his car.
I'm using the torch to cut off the rusty flange so I can weld in a bandaid pipe.
After torching off the rusty flange I pull off my goggles and somehow we have fire on the towel on the bench
it just happens to be the same towel that my driving lights are on.
I have flames covering both of them. And they are very hot, I figured that out myself and real fast too.
Well lucky for me no wires melted but I do need to go to the dealer for a pair of smoked lenses.

Attachments

• 1524897714111214677950.jpg
    1524897714111214677950.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Back