free website stats program While trickle charging. | Harley Davidson Forums

While trickle charging.

turnerbend

can there be damage done if you do any of the following while on tricker charge?

Start your bike?
Turn on Access for radio/cd or mp3?
Work on your bike?

I'm assuming you mean a trickle charger.

Just me but i wouldn't start the bike or work on anything electrical with the charger still connected. Running the radio or other accessories shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know on trickle charger(I always unplug mine first) but I know for sure on battery charger it says not to start the bike. I also wouldn't work on bike while plugged into charger but I agree.. Having Aux draw on battery shouldn't be a big issue. Usually trickle has a float charge so will turn "off" when full charge is reached or turn on when battery is low.

Better safe than $90.00 sorry. I always unplug my battery tender before toying with it. Have forgotten a few times and flipped the accessory knob but have had no bad affects from it.

Well, I am the minority. Again. I start mine while on my Battery Tender Jr. and never had a problem. Right or wrong, it works for me.

I also have a Battery Tender Jr. in the garage. I would swap between the bike and a riding mower. while the mower battery was on its last cranks, I would often start it with the tender still plugged in. It seemed wrong in the back of my mind, but never had a problem. I unplug the bike though before starting it. Good question. I have no good answer.

When you say working on your bike define working on your bike, That said step one in most cases is disconnect the battery, you can do this and still charge the battery

Back