free website stats program Which Smart Siren Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Smart Siren Kit

Llew

I have a 09 Ultra with factor installed security system and would like to add a Smart Siren Kit. The HD catalogue shows up to "08" . Anyone know if the "08" is the same?

I had a spare Smart Siren from my '05 Fatboy laying in the garage and tried it in my '09 Ultra to see if it would work. Works great. Same factory plug and snaps in to the holder under the left side cover as designed. This doesn't really answer your question except that I think most versions are compatible.

Lots of guys are using the radio shack siren as well. Under $10 from Radio Shack but you'll have to come up with a plug or something. Some guys use crimp connectors or ? but I'd rather use the actual Delphi plug.

Take care,
Dave

Welcome Llew to HD talking, there is a lot of info on the alarms system, and plenty of fellow riders here to help. Do a search in the tabs above or go to self help section. Smart Siren I does not have the chirp and cannot be retro-fitted with Pager option and was designed around the button activated fobs. Smart Siren II has the chirp and is compatible with the wireless Pager option...your choice depending on if you are looking for the future Pager option or not as the price of the units are the same. $100...HD imagine that! :laugh

Last edited:
There are two sirens for the '09 bikes. One has the pager built-in and one does not. The price difference was negligible, under $10 I believe. I ordered the one with the pager for future upgradability.

Theo.

Back