free website stats program Which Rear Stabilizer is the best ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Rear Stabilizer is the best ??

ironmark

I am looking into getting a rear stabilizer for my bike & there are so many available I am wondering which one is the best stabilizer to get or do they all perform the same ?

I've never found the need for one but out of the choices the progressive unit seems to be the best for a number of reasons IMO.

The attachment bolts are shorter reducing the side load on the trans case which means a lot to me over the other kits with the longer bolts. Also the link doesn't hang down below the trans pan at all, it's tucked up behind the pan for better clearance.

Progressive Suspension - Performance Suspension Components for Harley Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, Yamaha and Kawasaki

I was looking at the progressive tour link but it was not listed on this site where the rear stabilizers were listed so I was wondering if something was wrong with them or that no one has tried one , the price seems resonable around $200 where some of the stabilizers come in at twice the price .

Like Glider, I haven't seen the need for one but I have been researching and like the Glide Pro setup. The system included proprietary front and rear motor mounts/bushings that replace stock components; nothing added to the bike and nothing hanging down or sticking out. Check it out:

Glide-Pro Home

I have the Progressive and am very happy with it. It does exactly what it's advertised to do: reduce/eliminate the side-to-side swing of the engine/tranny and reduce/eliminate the "rear steer" problem (the "waggle").

Why the Progressive? For one, price. Also, it does *not* reduce either road clearance or use the frame crossmember. And it doesn't interfere with the Wheeldock EZ-UP center stand.

I was looking at the progressive tour link but it was not listed on this site where the rear stabilizers were listed so I was wondering if something was wrong with them or that no one has tried one , the price seems resonable around $200 where some of the stabilizers come in at twice the price .

That Progressive kit does look slick. I did not know about it when I installed a system on my bike. Used the True Track setup, and went with their "Tracula" set which includes a new front motor mount, swing arm bushings, swing arm shaft, isolators and the True Track stabilizer system. Which ever you do, I'm sure you will notice the difference if you are feeling a "squirreliness" from the back end especially at higher speed turns.

TQ

I have the rev tech on mine other than the center link was to long and i had to trim it but works well

I ordered the progressive touring link on Wed 7/1 , it will be in next week , I will post the results later . Thanks for the info .

ordered one from Parts4PowerToys.com called V-track. Love it. made such a difference and the price was nice too. There are soo many out there but they all do the same so I figured why not try a reasonably priced one. Took me 30 minutes to install with just basic tools. Did not even have to put the bike on a lift. Nice. :D

Back