free website stats program Which fuel management system for 09 SG? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which fuel management system for 09 SG?

H4U30

I just bought an 09 FLHX that I'm waiting to take delivery of (because still snowed:newsmile074: in up here). I've ordered some Rinehart slip ons and planning on a SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit, just trying to figure out which fuel management system to go with. Any help here with your thoughts, opinions, and reasons would be greatly appreciated.
I had a V&H Fuel Pak on my Nightster with V&H Short Shots and SE Heavy Breather and loved it. It worked great but I like the sounds of the Rineharts a lot better on the FLHX then V&H pipes. Don't know how the Fuel Pak would work with the Rineharts, I don't like some of the other ones that you have to cut and splice wires, return to the dealer each time you change something, and I don't like the price of some $900.00? that is just to much.
Thanks

I like the TFI as do many others .. its a plug in play and you tune it yourself .. so if you change pipes alter few mins to retune

Thank you very much. I appreciate this, exactly what I was hoping for.
I think the TFI will do what I'm looking for, the SE one and the power commander may do more but personally I don't see me using the fine tuning, plus the added expense. I just want to make the bike breath better and then run better after air cleaner and pipes. Not going to try to gain tenths of seconds on my 1/4 mile runs.........

Thank you very much. I appreciate this, exactly what I was hoping for.
I think the TFI will do what I'm looking for, the SE one and the power commander may do more but personally I don't see me using the fine tuning, plus the added expense. I just want to make the bike breath better and then run better after air cleaner and pipes. Not going to try to gain tenths of seconds on my 1/4 mile runs.........

There ya go, then!! My sentiments exactly. My TFI came in a week or so ago. I am waiting on some final parts that are coming on UPS. Then I am upgrading to the roller chain configuration on the cam shaft drive with AP 21N cams.

TQ

I am going to join in the dogpile here. Unless you are going to be flat tracking your Touring Bike around the local track on Saturday night for moolah, you will be happy with the TFI from Dobeck Performance. Easy to install, all plug and play, costs less than most and is as easy to tune as twisting a small screwdriver and listening to the exhaust note. This device adds fuel when you crank it on so you don't have to worry about a too lean situation. Added benefit is that it runs cooler at all rpm ranges.

Ok thanks, but I was just on their website again and it showing they now available for 2008 Harley's. What about 2009 models? I sent them an email two days ago but haven't heard back from them yet.

Give them a call. Talked to them yesterday (Chris), the 1252 was the model for my 09 SG. They even took $10 off and free shipping for mentioning this forum.

Give them a call. Talked to them yesterday (Chris), the 1252 was the model for my 09 SG. They even took $10 off and free shipping for mentioning this forum.

They will take a whole lot more than $10.00 off the price if you make them aware that you are a veteran of the U.S. military. They like vets and put their money where their mouth is.

Back