free website stats program Where & why? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where & why?

walleye

Contributor
OK, riding time is here. Many of us are making plans for a ride. Share your favorite ride destinations and why. This year we are planning a trip to Yellowstone Park. So far, my favorite ride is Galcier Park "highway to the sun". Nice, clean big country with lots of twisties. Let us know your favorite route and maybe we can help each other with our destinations. Thanks all, I look forward to hearing your recommendations. And as always, Ride Safe brothers. :yes

Three for three! We're going to Yellowstone, too!

We'll be there on the 9th thru the 13th of Sept.
Coming from the L.A. area.

OK, riding time is here. Many of us are making plans for a ride. Share your favorite ride destinations and why. This year we are planning a trip to Yellowstone Park. So far, my favorite ride is Galcier Park "highway to the sun". Nice, clean big country with lots of twisties.

Headed towards Puget Sound next month... US 2 from Ohio to Seattle. Definitely making a detour for the Going to the Sun Hwy.

Headed from Washington down the coast on Hwy 101 for 2 weeks in the middle of September. No itinerary, other than I have to be back to work on the 26th. May make it down as far as San Francisco. I'll stop when I want to and ride when I want to.

We have the Great Lakes here in Michigan. Planning a shoreline ride along Lake Huron .

This year looks like Michigan, and Memphis.
Michigan because it is a new event
Memphis because I aint been home in 35 years.
Favorite ride is the one I am about to take at any give time.

Rode around the peninsula a couple of weeks ago (up the east side and down the west shore). It was a good ride. Stuck as close to the shore as we could. Did the Mackinac Island thing, etc. Saw a ton of deer, so watch out for those critters. Have a great ride.

This year looks like Michigan, and Memphis.
Michigan because it is a new event
Memphis because I aint been home in 35 years.
Favorite ride is the one I am about to take at any give time.
Planning a ride in early Sept. down to central and eastern TN. for 5 days. Can't wait!!!

Love riding in the mountians. Took time off last week and rode the smokes, and the tail of the dragon which has 318 curves in 11 miles. Had a ball.

Headed towards Puget Sound next month... US 2 from Ohio to Seattle. Definitely making a detour for the Going to the Sun Hwy.
A mid summer ride along Going To The Sun Highway is great... Just leave yourself adequate time and plan for lots of tourists in cages, tour buses, etc. The raw mountain scenery is spectacular.

When you get to the Idaho - Washington border on Highway 2, you can also take Highway 20 (refered to as the North Cascade Loop) which also gets you to the Seattle area. Highway 20 is good, well maintained mountain roads all the way to the coast with limited traffic and biker friendly stops along the way, like Winthrop, Washington.

Have a great trip and ride safe!

Reg

Back