free website stats program where they hiding | Harley Davidson Forums

where they hiding

A lot of them got butchered over the years, others are in museums and private collections, E bay has some nice ones but I often wonder how real some of them are?

I see some nice old bikes on display in the local swap meets and shows, but not on the road any more. My nephews are getting a pan head and a shovel for their graduations. I am guessing they will be riding them. The same brother-in-law was the person who started me off by letting me sit on his bike when I was 12, and bought me the Harly shirts for christmas. It worked.

where are all the older bikes????? bet the stories are awsome

If by older bikes, you mean something like the '94 FXR you have, I also wonder.
Harley sold Evo's faster than they could build them for 15 yrs. It seems like a couple of years after the Twinky came out, the Evo's disappeared. I ride my '92 regularly, and seldom see another "old" bike. I think too many have been put in a corner and forgotten.

I know mine isn't as old as the ones you are all talking about but, I was riding my '85 FXEF daily to work until I got my RK. So I ride the FXEF on the weekends to prevent the gas going bad and clogging the carb. I like this bike not only because it belonged to my dad but, it has a lot of chrome with scroll work on it. You don't see that too much anymore.

At the bike shows...winning all the trophy's. :s

I got tired of fighting all the leaks, hiccups, etc...time to enjoy a new scoot for awhile.

If by older bikes, you mean something like the '94 FXR you have, I also wonder.
Harley sold Evo's faster than they could build them for 15 yrs. It seems like a couple of years after the Twinky came out, the Evo's disappeared. I ride my '92 regularly, and seldom see another "old" bike. I think too many have been put in a corner and forgotten.
That there were funny!:tounge

Back