free website stats program Where is the TBW connector located? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where is the TBW connector located?

MrJimB

I am putting new bars on my 09 road glide. I have to extend the throttle wires. I can not find the connector. I have asked some folks and they say it is behind the the head light. Which leads to another question. How do you remove the head light? I have read that you have to the fairing off? Is this correct?
If somebody can help me on this? I would appreciate it very much!!
:bigsmiley25:

one is in the bars and the main one is behind the headlight.. Better get a Manual because it probley wont be fun ..

Your comes apart different than my Road King So i really can't tell ya .. But be carefull pulling the wiring though the bars as the connectors break easy

Thanks BUD WHITE, I have had the TBW out of the bars about an inch and there is not a connector there . It is a one piece unit that does not have a quick disconnect. Harley could have located the connection in a better location besides way down into the fairing.

Can access this connection throught he head light? Or will I have to remove the fairing?:33:

Thanks BUD WHITE, I have had the TBW out of the bars about an inch and there is not a connector there . It is a one piece unit that does not have a quick disconnect. Harley could have located the connection in a better location besides way down into the fairing.

Can access this connection throught he head light? Or will I have to remove the fairing?:33:

theres a connector at the handle bars you just cant get to it till you unplug it and feed the wire in .. i think its 4"s or so back of the TBW unit doesnt plug right into the back of it

Back