free website stats program where is oil test port? | Harley Davidson Forums

where is oil test port?

R_W_B

Hey guys, I have found some electric gauges that I really like from MOTOSENS Motorradzusatzinstrumente - Motor Cycle Add-On Instruments . They cater to bike mounted gauges. The great tech support there is helping me get the right sensing units etc. I have found the Pipe Plug that they told me could be utilized for an oil temp sender (it's a blank plug up front, not the oil drain or the trans drain, it is in the service manual).
But for pressure they told me to find out where the test port for the oil is. They said the HD shop would use this test port to check the oil pressure all the time. I will call the HD dealer tomorrow and ask them but thought I would shoot it past you guys first. I thought you had to pull the idiot light switch down by the oil filter to do a manual oil pressure check. But from the content of their email I don't think they are referring to that.
Any ideas?

Hey guys, I have found some electric gauges that I really like from MOTOSENS Motorradzusatzinstrumente - Motor Cycle Add-On Instruments . They cater to bike mounted gauges. The great tech support there is helping me get the right sensing units etc. I have found the Pipe Plug that they told me could be utilized for an oil temp sender (it's a blank plug up front, not the oil drain or the trans drain, it is in the service manual).
But for pressure they told me to find out where the test port for the oil is. They said the HD shop would use this test port to check the oil pressure all the time. I will call the HD dealer tomorrow and ask them but thought I would shoot it past you guys first. I thought you had to pull the idiot light switch down by the oil filter to do a manual oil pressure check. But from the content of their email I don't think they are referring to that.
Any ideas?

Not sure what they are talking about. The book shows replacing the sending unit with the test gauge. See attachment.

TQ

Attachments

• Oil pressure test gauge.pdf
    151.1 KB · Views: 23
Yes, I think I am going to have get a Tee adaptor and remount the idiot light switch with the new O.P. sending unit. The only other pressuized outlet would be one of the Oil filter plugs and those are for a future oil cooler.
Thanks for the reply.

Back